Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Response to Despicable Drake and J. Cole’s “Jodeci (Freestyle)” Lyrics

There have been many disparaging remarks over the years from despicable and ignorant people about people with special needs.  So, Drake and J. Cole’s is not the latest hate speech but considering that Drake has a huge influence in social media, I am very angered by his lyrics. 

The lyrics in question are:"I'm undoubtedly the hottest and that's just me bein' modest / Go check the numbers dummy, that's just me gettin' started / I'm artistic, you ni**as is autistic, retarded / Started, hold your applause…"

 Hence, I have named Drake and J.Cole despicable.  I left the following comment on Drake’s page on Facebook “I find your use of the word autism and r word are despicable. You disgust me with your attack on my child who has autism and for all children that have autism. Hope karma comes back to bite you in the arse!”  J.Cole was too chicken shit to have his Facebook page open for comments so I sent him the same quote via Facebook message. 

I am sticking by my words and I hope that karma does come back to bite them both in the arse!!!  I would also like for them to apologize for their horrible remarks about all children on the spectrum and that have special needs.  The “R” word is just as bad as the “N” word and the use of that word needs to stop now!! 

Writer Lisa Quinones-Fontanez sums it up best with the following: “When anyone uses autism or the r-word as an insult it perpetuates the stereotype that individuals with disabilities are worthless and stupid. You discredit every single thing that so many parents have fought for, shut every door that has been opened. You squash a dream. Break a heart.  (http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/drake-uses-autistic-retarded-song-autism-moms-outraged-160200954.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment